Creativity is important in any aspect. Being creative is beneficial because it makes students feel a certain pride and accomplishment when they create something of their own. Anyone can copy an idea just to get it done, but it takes a creative person to keep everyday life interesting. Throughout my grade school years, I was always told, "Have your finished product look like this." It bothered me that I could not put my own spin on the project or make it somewhat personal. It was a struggle in the beginning of high school when I was asked to create things because all I knew how to do was mirror.
By using what we have learned so far in our music class we can promote creativity. An example would be to have students show how they would keep the steady beat of a song or make a story using instruments for certain actions.
I was insterested in doing African American Culture and use
Jazz for the music. I chose this because I have been interested in my African American friends' backrounds and also because my boyfriend played in a Jazz band (trumpet).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment