I learned these past two weeks that steady beat and rhythm are crucial to any sort of music or sound. I also learned that when singing to young students I will need to use a higher tone. Reason for this is because that is the type of voices my students will have since most, if not all of them have not gone through puberty yet.
I found that rhythm and steady beat can be done many different ways. Such as; clapping, tapping your knees, stomping with your feet, etc. The more creative the movements, the more interesting it will be for the students. We learned songs this week that had similar beats to more popular songs. This is helpful in the classroom because it allows students to make connections with the music.
Learning these concepts and skills are important for me to know so that when I have my own classroom, I can incorporate them into my lessons. I am glad we are doing the music lesson plan because I love finding ways to keep students interested in the subject I am teaching.
Students can benefit from these concepts and skills by using them in and outside the classroom. Thinking of ways to keep rhythm or steady beat helps students use their creativity which boosts their self-esteem since they thought of it by themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment